The Country

The Federation of Malaysia comprises Peninsula Malaysia and the states of Sabah and Sarawak on the island of Borneo.
PEOPLE  & POPULATION

Malays make up approximately 55% of the population and are the predominant group,  while the other 45% are made up of Chinese, Indians and indigenous groups.


Total Population : 31 million 

INTERNET

High speed wireless connection is easily accessible at convention centres, hotels, cafés, and shopping malls, with complimentary usage available at selected locations.
The LANGUAGE

Bahasa Malaysia or Malay is the official language while English is widely spoken. Most  Malaysians speak at least two languages, Malay and English, while some are tri-lingual,  being able to converse in Mandarin or Tamil too. The indigenous groups also speak  various languages and dialects. 
CURRENCY

The currency is Malaysian Ringgit, indicated as MYR. Foreign exchange booths are common and clearly state the exchange rate for all major currencies. ATMs are located at major bank branches, shopping malls, airports, bus terminals, etc.

Note that ATMs in Malaysia require a six-digit pin. Please be advised that if your PIN is more or less than six digits, it should be changed before departing.
BANKING HOURS

Generally, banking hours in Malaysia are from 9:00am – 4:30pm (Mondays – Fridays), although some banks do extend their banking hours. Automated Teller Machines (ATM) are available at convenient locations throughout the country.

All the main credit cards and travellers cheques are accepted in major institutions and an ever growing number of shops and restaurants.
VISA APPLICATION

Most nationalities do not require a visa for social or business visits but must be in possession of a valid passport or travel document with six months validity beyond the period of stay.
For those nationalities that require a visa, applications can be made at the nearest Malaysian overseas mission with the following documentation:

  • Visa application form with three passport-sized photographs
  • National passport with remaining validity period of six months
  • Letter of introduction or invitation.
ELECTRICITY

230/240 volts - 50hz
Weights & Measures

Metric system
TIME ZONE

8 HOURS ahead of GMT and 16 HOURS ahead of U.S. Pacific Standard Time
Item has been selected.
Item already exists.
You have reached the maximum number of selected items.
My Wishlist
GOVERNMENT
STRATEGIC PARTNERS
INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
Copyright © 2019 MyCEB | TERMS OF USE
Ooops!
Generic Popup